MOD'S NOTE: THIS UPDATE BELOW IS NOW OLD AS NEW VERSION 5.5 HAS BEEN LAUNCHED. PLS CHECK THE ENTIRE THREAD FOR DETAILS ON VERSION 5.5
Blue & Me Software version 5.4.11 update:
Download link is --->> http://www.fiat.co.uk/blueandme/
Clicking above link opens a flash animation-type screen. Click on Blue & Me Help button located on slightly top right hand side.
Download Instructions (the way I did it), Read it thoroughly before downloading the software:
• Downloaded the software update Zip file (5_5_01 Blue&Me MAP Update Package Signed.zip) on PC Harddisk
• Extracted the Zip file in a separate folder e.g. D:\Blue&Me
• There are 6 files extracted –
• Took a blank USB stick formatted in FAT32 format.
• Copied all 6 files onto USB stick on the root i.e. without any folder.
• Deleted paired device Blue&Me from my cell phone.
• Went to car. Inserted key & turned it to MAR position but did not start the engine.
• Pressed steering button on right with phone symbol, went to settings -> Users data & deleted ALL users data. Deleted ALL Users from the same path.
• Moved key back to the default STOP position.
• Inserted USB stick (containing those 6 files) to USB port inside the glovebox
• Started the radio to clear the MID
• Turned the key to MAR position.
• Blue & Me lady (Lina !!) said “Update started” with message showing on MID.
• After a few minutes wait, MID shown “re starting” & radio started playing again.
• Waited for almost 5 minutes. Nothing happened. Was almost tempted to turn off the key & pull out the USB stick but since there was no voice message (& also on MID) saying Update Completed, I decided to wait a few minutes.
• Voila !! MID shown “re starting” again, shown “installing”. It went on repeatedly for some time.
• Finally, Lina said Update Completed. The same message is also displayed on MID.
• Turn the key back to STOP position & took out the USB stick.
• Paired my mobile again.
There is a log.txt file generated on USB stick with following contents. If you want to use the same USB stick again to update on any other car, you’ll have to remove this log.txt file:
Device ID: 0x0014 0913 4871
Build = 8140
Hw = C1
P_Img = 0
SMS_r update step 1 done...
Updated to: BuildNumber = 9096
SMS_r update step 2 done...